Any idea why I have to turn the tub handle all the way up to get hot water and it's not even hot- more like luke warm. If I let it run it doesn't get any hotter. Interesting thing though if I go to my MB shower which is the further away I get kicking hot water and plenty of it. I have a tankless hot water tank, oil fired. No problem w/ hot water and the temperature of it coming from any other shower/sink/tub in the house. Is there a screw in the faucet that needs to be tweaked?
How much water comes through the faucet when you turn it on? The tankless hot water heaters are designed to heat ? gallons to ? degrees. If you run more water through the temperature goes down. The shower head is probably putting out half the amount of water the tub faucet does. Letting the shower heat up all the way. Does the bad tub have a shower on it also? If so try that and see if that heats up to a comfortable temperature or just try turning the faucet on 1/4 of the way. Does it heat up?
If this is the case you may have to buy a bigger heater or put up with less water coming out of the tub faucet.
Hope I explained myself well enough.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight