Noticed that one of the tank bolts was leaking. Replaced all three with new rubber washers and bolts. Also replaced overflow tube, rubber gasket and flapper with new. Cleaned all bowl jets with a bent paperclip, unclogging them to perfection. Replaced rubber washer from tank to bowl. There are no leaks whatsoever. Now the toilet won't flush. The water just swirls and swirls but won't take anything down. If I pour a bucket of water into the bowl it flushes immediately taking everything down.
One other thing, since working on the toilet I am getting a "banging" in the pipes when the siphon valve stops. A "boo-Boom" sound. This is also happening when the cold water is shut off in the bath, kitchen, basement, or outside spigots. What have I done wrong? How can I fix it? Getting frustrated and desparate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes