Noticed that one of the tank bolts was leaking. Replaced all three with new rubber washers and bolts. Also replaced overflow tube, rubber gasket and flapper with new. Cleaned all bowl jets with a bent paperclip, unclogging them to perfection. Replaced rubber washer from tank to bowl. There are no leaks whatsoever. Now the toilet won't flush. The water just swirls and swirls but won't take anything down. If I pour a bucket of water into the bowl it flushes immediately taking everything down.
One other thing, since working on the toilet I am getting a "banging" in the pipes when the siphon valve stops. A "boo-Boom" sound. This is also happening when the cold water is shut off in the bath, kitchen, basement, or outside spigots. What have I done wrong? How can I fix it? Getting frustrated and desparate.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!