Noticed that one of the tank bolts was leaking. Replaced all three with new rubber washers and bolts. Also replaced overflow tube, rubber gasket and flapper with new. Cleaned all bowl jets with a bent paperclip, unclogging them to perfection. Replaced rubber washer from tank to bowl. There are no leaks whatsoever. Now the toilet won't flush. The water just swirls and swirls but won't take anything down. If I pour a bucket of water into the bowl it flushes immediately taking everything down.
One other thing, since working on the toilet I am getting a "banging" in the pipes when the siphon valve stops. A "boo-Boom" sound. This is also happening when the cold water is shut off in the bath, kitchen, basement, or outside spigots. What have I done wrong? How can I fix it? Getting frustrated and desparate.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight