Recently our hot water pipes have started a loud and persistent vibrating after shutting off an upstairs hot water tap. It seems the only way of stopping the noise is to open a downstairs tap slightly. The problem can usually be avoided if the upstairs tap is closed slowly rather than suddenly. The problem seems to be getting worse. Can anyone suggest what i should do.
Yes, check the washer in the stem of the faucet in question. It's very possible the brass bibb screw has loosened and the washer may not be seating right in the bibb of the stem.
I was just wondering if you are still having the same problem? Our pipes started ticking a couple of days ago. It would last a few minutes a couple times through the day. I noticed that if I turned on any tap in the house slightly the ticking would stop. The water heater is in my daughter's room. I'm wondering if I'll need to go into the wall to fix the problem. Any suggestions before the ticking drives me crazy?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes