I have had my toilet clog up many times and have had a plumber come out twice now to unplug it. Now it's plugged again. The plumbers snaked into the pipes in my floor and then after that the toilet works ok for awhile and then starts overflowing once it's flushed after its been used a couple of times. Could my toilet be the problem? Do I need to replace it? How often do toilets get replaced?
Something may be caught in the trap. Toilets last a long time and if you were to replace it, you can only buy a 1.6 gal flush. Expect to pay around 100 for an American standard or Kohler.
Where would the "trap" be? In the toilet or the pipe? When the plumber snaked, he pulled the toilet clear off the floor and ran the snake from front to end. Sometimes the toilet will work and then other times it just overflows. Thanks for your help.
toilet bowl level drops
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
Toilet Backed Up' Object Flushed Down It...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda