I have had my toilet clog up many times and have had a plumber come out twice now to unplug it. Now it's plugged again. The plumbers snaked into the pipes in my floor and then after that the toilet works ok for awhile and then starts overflowing once it's flushed after its been used a couple of times. Could my toilet be the problem? Do I need to replace it? How often do toilets get replaced?
Something may be caught in the trap. Toilets last a long time and if you were to replace it, you can only buy a 1.6 gal flush. Expect to pay around 100 for an American standard or Kohler.
Where would the "trap" be? In the toilet or the pipe? When the plumber snaked, he pulled the toilet clear off the floor and ran the snake from front to end. Sometimes the toilet will work and then other times it just overflows. Thanks for your help.
toilet bowl level drops
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
Toilet Backed Up' Object Flushed Down It...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools