I have had my toilet clog up many times and have had a plumber come out twice now to unplug it. Now it's plugged again. The plumbers snaked into the pipes in my floor and then after that the toilet works ok for awhile and then starts overflowing once it's flushed after its been used a couple of times. Could my toilet be the problem? Do I need to replace it? How often do toilets get replaced?
Something may be caught in the trap. Toilets last a long time and if you were to replace it, you can only buy a 1.6 gal flush. Expect to pay around 100 for an American standard or Kohler.
Where would the "trap" be? In the toilet or the pipe? When the plumber snaked, he pulled the toilet clear off the floor and ran the snake from front to end. Sometimes the toilet will work and then other times it just overflows. Thanks for your help.
toilet bowl level drops
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
Toilet Backed Up' Object Flushed Down It...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!