I have had my toilet clog up many times and have had a plumber come out twice now to unplug it. Now it's plugged again. The plumbers snaked into the pipes in my floor and then after that the toilet works ok for awhile and then starts overflowing once it's flushed after its been used a couple of times. Could my toilet be the problem? Do I need to replace it? How often do toilets get replaced?
Something may be caught in the trap. Toilets last a long time and if you were to replace it, you can only buy a 1.6 gal flush. Expect to pay around 100 for an American standard or Kohler.
Where would the "trap" be? In the toilet or the pipe? When the plumber snaked, he pulled the toilet clear off the floor and ran the snake from front to end. Sometimes the toilet will work and then other times it just overflows. Thanks for your help.
toilet bowl level drops
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
Toilet Backed Up' Object Flushed Down It...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps