toilet flapper issue
My toilet was running, it turned out the flapper inside looked like it was starting to deform and squish together (the top part of the seal was no longer flat against the bottom of the toilet. So I went out and purchased a new one and installed it. Now 3 months later my toilet is running again, I open the back and the brand new flapper looks exactly like the old one did. Starting to looks almost like it‚Äôs disintegrating. (hope that makes sense) anyone have any ideas what would cause this? I do have one of those bleach tablets in the toilet, but I have them in my other toilet and this has never happened.
Ok I just bought a new flapper and this ones got a 5 year warranty on it so if it starts to carode I'm going ot be ****ed. Anyways, new problem. I can't seem to turn off the water to the toilet? If I turn the water valve to far to the right, water starts spraying out of the turn off valve? I'm assuming this is bad? Should I call a plumber?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!