Sluggish & Overflowing toilets
It's interesting that this problem seems to have developed in the past year. This suggests that the vent pipes were properly installed.
Also...regarding the sewer smell in the washer: Does the washer drain hose go UP to washer height then drain DOWN into a standpipe or tub? If so, this is a GOOD thing, as it prevents backflow (accidental siphoning from drainpipes into the washer). Also if so, it's unlikely you're getting waste water into the washer (hopefully you're not)--unless waste water is getting into the fresh water supply elsewhere--and we really don't want to "go there", do we...
Also, washer hose goes up into PVC then down then into a bigger PVC then out the cement wall. I've never noticed any wetness in the washer, just the smell, which is why I thought the toilet problems may be coming from the vent. It seems if it is blocked the fumes maybe going into the washer seeing the septic is so close to the washer. I just thought the toilet problems and the fumes from the washer pointed the problem being the vent.
If it is the vent and we can't get to it for another month or 2, is there any temporary solution??? Plunging it seems to work for a short time, although they are still sluggish.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING