OLDER MOHEN (AT LEAST 10 YRS)MIXER VALVE IN SHOWER HAS SINGLE PIPE WITH TWO SLITS ON TOP AND BOTTOM THAT HOLDS A SMALL INSERT (RESTRICTOR?)THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE
THE VALVE WILL SLIDE OUT .IS THIS INSERT PRESSURE FITTED AND JUST NEEDS TO BE WIGGLED OUT OR IS A SPECIAL SMALL TOOL NEEDED TO UNSCREW IT OUT . APRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK!
I think your talking about the brass retaining clip that holds the catridge in place. It's function is to hold the catridge in place under water pressure. It can be removed with needle nose pliers. When you re-install the new catridge make sure the 2 little ears on the bottom of the clip are fully inserted through the valve. Sometimes a good amount of force is needed to pull the old cartridge out, but no special tools are required. A trick is to screw in the handle screw and use your channel locks to pull it straight out.
Remove the retaining clip...and use a "moen cartridge puller" if necessary. Moen has manufactured the "puller" for their products to prevent damaging the valve when the cartridge is stuck. erik
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
New shower valve
Danze vs. Delta vs. Moen shower sets?
Shower Control Valve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects