OLDER MOHEN (AT LEAST 10 YRS)MIXER VALVE IN SHOWER HAS SINGLE PIPE WITH TWO SLITS ON TOP AND BOTTOM THAT HOLDS A SMALL INSERT (RESTRICTOR?)THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE
THE VALVE WILL SLIDE OUT .IS THIS INSERT PRESSURE FITTED AND JUST NEEDS TO BE WIGGLED OUT OR IS A SPECIAL SMALL TOOL NEEDED TO UNSCREW IT OUT . APRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK!
I think your talking about the brass retaining clip that holds the catridge in place. It's function is to hold the catridge in place under water pressure. It can be removed with needle nose pliers. When you re-install the new catridge make sure the 2 little ears on the bottom of the clip are fully inserted through the valve. Sometimes a good amount of force is needed to pull the old cartridge out, but no special tools are required. A trick is to screw in the handle screw and use your channel locks to pull it straight out.
Remove the retaining clip...and use a "moen cartridge puller" if necessary. Moen has manufactured the "puller" for their products to prevent damaging the valve when the cartridge is stuck. erik
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
New shower valve
Danze vs. Delta vs. Moen shower sets?
Shower Control Valve
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!