OLDER MOHEN (AT LEAST 10 YRS)MIXER VALVE IN SHOWER HAS SINGLE PIPE WITH TWO SLITS ON TOP AND BOTTOM THAT HOLDS A SMALL INSERT (RESTRICTOR?)THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE
THE VALVE WILL SLIDE OUT .IS THIS INSERT PRESSURE FITTED AND JUST NEEDS TO BE WIGGLED OUT OR IS A SPECIAL SMALL TOOL NEEDED TO UNSCREW IT OUT . APRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK!
I think your talking about the brass retaining clip that holds the catridge in place. It's function is to hold the catridge in place under water pressure. It can be removed with needle nose pliers. When you re-install the new catridge make sure the 2 little ears on the bottom of the clip are fully inserted through the valve. Sometimes a good amount of force is needed to pull the old cartridge out, but no special tools are required. A trick is to screw in the handle screw and use your channel locks to pull it straight out.
Remove the retaining clip...and use a "moen cartridge puller" if necessary. Moen has manufactured the "puller" for their products to prevent damaging the valve when the cartridge is stuck. erik
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
New shower valve
Danze vs. Delta vs. Moen shower sets?
Shower Control Valve
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING