We just replaced a 52 year old water heater. When we turned the water back on, we had the normal sputtering. Our water pressure has not returned to normal and I would hate to call a plumber (who has to drive over 30 miles) if I can fix it myself. I have checked the faucet filters. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Check the pop off valve, on top of heater, and make sure not open position or stuck open.If so, all water is just going out valve .
Just to cover the simple things first, check the strainers at the faucet outlets and shower heads. Replacement of the heater may have dislodged sediment that could be impeding water flow at the outlets.
We just had to replace our water heater. The pipes from the water heater into the house were almost completely clogged with rust/whatever so we had as much of them replaced as well. Naturally, when we turned the water on we had to run water thru all the outlets to flush them. Is there any way to run a chemical or something thru our pipes to reduce the amount of build up that we couldn't get to? We did clean all the filters in the faucets after the water cleared up.
lukewarm water... low pressure
Electric water heater help?
low hot water pressure after new heater was installed
No water upstairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!