We just replaced a 52 year old water heater. When we turned the water back on, we had the normal sputtering. Our water pressure has not returned to normal and I would hate to call a plumber (who has to drive over 30 miles) if I can fix it myself. I have checked the faucet filters. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Check the pop off valve, on top of heater, and make sure not open position or stuck open.If so, all water is just going out valve .
Just to cover the simple things first, check the strainers at the faucet outlets and shower heads. Replacement of the heater may have dislodged sediment that could be impeding water flow at the outlets.
We just had to replace our water heater. The pipes from the water heater into the house were almost completely clogged with rust/whatever so we had as much of them replaced as well. Naturally, when we turned the water on we had to run water thru all the outlets to flush them. Is there any way to run a chemical or something thru our pipes to reduce the amount of build up that we couldn't get to? We did clean all the filters in the faucets after the water cleared up.
Electric water heater help?
lukewarm water... low pressure
No water upstairs
low hot water pressure after new heater was installed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects