Home built in the 1950's.
Two Faucets, one in front, one in back.
The front faucet has plenty of water pressure.
The back faucet has just a drip. I want to try replacing the faucet, but i'm afraid it might be corroded, and the pipe inside the wall might break.
Any suggestions? i'm a new home owner, so the more detailed the instructions, the better :)
Thanks for your help.
Are you on a well or city water? 60/40 is a common setting for the pressure switch. Most hose bibb replacements I do now are with frost proof hydrants. That's just a fancy name for a hose bibb that the water pressure can be left on all winter long. The reason you don't have to turn off a seperate valve that feeds the outside hose bibb is because the frost proof valve has a long stem inside the body of the valve that is inside the heated portion of the home. If you want to try and tackle this yourself, you will need to figure out your wall thickness and buy the right length. For example, if you had cinderblock wall you could get an 8" long hydrant. Different sizes are available.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs