Home built in the 1950's.
Two Faucets, one in front, one in back.
The front faucet has plenty of water pressure.
The back faucet has just a drip. I want to try replacing the faucet, but i'm afraid it might be corroded, and the pipe inside the wall might break.
Any suggestions? i'm a new home owner, so the more detailed the instructions, the better :)
Thanks for your help.
Are you on a well or city water? 60/40 is a common setting for the pressure switch. Most hose bibb replacements I do now are with frost proof hydrants. That's just a fancy name for a hose bibb that the water pressure can be left on all winter long. The reason you don't have to turn off a seperate valve that feeds the outside hose bibb is because the frost proof valve has a long stem inside the body of the valve that is inside the heated portion of the home. If you want to try and tackle this yourself, you will need to figure out your wall thickness and buy the right length. For example, if you had cinderblock wall you could get an 8" long hydrant. Different sizes are available.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes