Home built in the 1950's.
Two Faucets, one in front, one in back.
The front faucet has plenty of water pressure.
The back faucet has just a drip. I want to try replacing the faucet, but i'm afraid it might be corroded, and the pipe inside the wall might break.
Any suggestions? i'm a new home owner, so the more detailed the instructions, the better :)
Thanks for your help.
Are you on a well or city water? 60/40 is a common setting for the pressure switch. Most hose bibb replacements I do now are with frost proof hydrants. That's just a fancy name for a hose bibb that the water pressure can be left on all winter long. The reason you don't have to turn off a seperate valve that feeds the outside hose bibb is because the frost proof valve has a long stem inside the body of the valve that is inside the heated portion of the home. If you want to try and tackle this yourself, you will need to figure out your wall thickness and buy the right length. For example, if you had cinderblock wall you could get an 8" long hydrant. Different sizes are available.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!