Home built in the 1950's.
Two Faucets, one in front, one in back.
The front faucet has plenty of water pressure.
The back faucet has just a drip. I want to try replacing the faucet, but i'm afraid it might be corroded, and the pipe inside the wall might break.
Any suggestions? i'm a new home owner, so the more detailed the instructions, the better :)
Thanks for your help.
Are you on a well or city water? 60/40 is a common setting for the pressure switch. Most hose bibb replacements I do now are with frost proof hydrants. That's just a fancy name for a hose bibb that the water pressure can be left on all winter long. The reason you don't have to turn off a seperate valve that feeds the outside hose bibb is because the frost proof valve has a long stem inside the body of the valve that is inside the heated portion of the home. If you want to try and tackle this yourself, you will need to figure out your wall thickness and buy the right length. For example, if you had cinderblock wall you could get an 8" long hydrant. Different sizes are available.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY