Home built in the 1950's.
Two Faucets, one in front, one in back.
The front faucet has plenty of water pressure.
The back faucet has just a drip. I want to try replacing the faucet, but i'm afraid it might be corroded, and the pipe inside the wall might break.
Any suggestions? i'm a new home owner, so the more detailed the instructions, the better :)
Thanks for your help.
Are you on a well or city water? 60/40 is a common setting for the pressure switch. Most hose bibb replacements I do now are with frost proof hydrants. That's just a fancy name for a hose bibb that the water pressure can be left on all winter long. The reason you don't have to turn off a seperate valve that feeds the outside hose bibb is because the frost proof valve has a long stem inside the body of the valve that is inside the heated portion of the home. If you want to try and tackle this yourself, you will need to figure out your wall thickness and buy the right length. For example, if you had cinderblock wall you could get an 8" long hydrant. Different sizes are available.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard