We just bought our home brand new just finished being built in Oct. 2003. My problem is this: Last night after I took my bath. When I lifted the drain to let the water out. I heard a bubbling noise coming from the commode. Then water in the tub stopped draining to a real slow drain. all of the water in the commode was gone. I flushed it and the water came up real high to the rim and then about 5 mins. later was gone. I then went in the other bathroom and flushed it. And it filled up with water to the rim and it didn't drain out. Then I used the plunger and nothing changed. so, could you give me some idea of what is wrong?
It sounds like the main house drain is clogged. Call a plumber who has a drain machine or a drain cleaning company. Have them "snake" your main house drain clear. Some simple steps can be taken to prevent future clogs. NO bacon grease down the drain. NO coffee grounds or egg shells down the disposer. Lastly make sure you have a lint catcher on the end of the washing machines discharge hose. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!