We just bought our home brand new just finished being built in Oct. 2003. My problem is this: Last night after I took my bath. When I lifted the drain to let the water out. I heard a bubbling noise coming from the commode. Then water in the tub stopped draining to a real slow drain. all of the water in the commode was gone. I flushed it and the water came up real high to the rim and then about 5 mins. later was gone. I then went in the other bathroom and flushed it. And it filled up with water to the rim and it didn't drain out. Then I used the plunger and nothing changed. so, could you give me some idea of what is wrong?
It sounds like the main house drain is clogged. Call a plumber who has a drain machine or a drain cleaning company. Have them "snake" your main house drain clear. Some simple steps can be taken to prevent future clogs. NO bacon grease down the drain. NO coffee grounds or egg shells down the disposer. Lastly make sure you have a lint catcher on the end of the washing machines discharge hose. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes