I have a PVC pipe extending outside my house ( not out the roof ) on the ground floor that seems to be some sort of vent pipe. Every once in a while there is this loud gurgling and sputtering noise coming out of it. It happens to be located right next to the hot tub and the noise is quite a mood killer. Is there anything I can do about this ?
Maybe an old drain line that was not capped off? However if it is indeed a vent you don't want a cap on it. Vents have to terminate in a way where you won't smell or be affected by the sewer gas. Usually VTR (vent thru roof) piping is from 24" to 36" above the roof line and not near any windows.
I am fairly certain it is a vent pipe, although it is not going throught the roof. It seems to be coming right out of the basement through the cement in back yard. If this was going out the roof I agree I would most likely not even notice it, but it is right under a living room window, and next to the hot tub ? Is there any way you know of to reduce the sounds effect if nto eliminate it all together ? Could this pipe have something to do with the sump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes