I have a PVC pipe extending outside my house ( not out the roof ) on the ground floor that seems to be some sort of vent pipe. Every once in a while there is this loud gurgling and sputtering noise coming out of it. It happens to be located right next to the hot tub and the noise is quite a mood killer. Is there anything I can do about this ?
Maybe an old drain line that was not capped off? However if it is indeed a vent you don't want a cap on it. Vents have to terminate in a way where you won't smell or be affected by the sewer gas. Usually VTR (vent thru roof) piping is from 24" to 36" above the roof line and not near any windows.
I am fairly certain it is a vent pipe, although it is not going throught the roof. It seems to be coming right out of the basement through the cement in back yard. If this was going out the roof I agree I would most likely not even notice it, but it is right under a living room window, and next to the hot tub ? Is there any way you know of to reduce the sounds effect if nto eliminate it all together ? Could this pipe have something to do with the sump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects