I have a PVC pipe extending outside my house ( not out the roof ) on the ground floor that seems to be some sort of vent pipe. Every once in a while there is this loud gurgling and sputtering noise coming out of it. It happens to be located right next to the hot tub and the noise is quite a mood killer. Is there anything I can do about this ?
Maybe an old drain line that was not capped off? However if it is indeed a vent you don't want a cap on it. Vents have to terminate in a way where you won't smell or be affected by the sewer gas. Usually VTR (vent thru roof) piping is from 24" to 36" above the roof line and not near any windows.
I am fairly certain it is a vent pipe, although it is not going throught the roof. It seems to be coming right out of the basement through the cement in back yard. If this was going out the roof I agree I would most likely not even notice it, but it is right under a living room window, and next to the hot tub ? Is there any way you know of to reduce the sounds effect if nto eliminate it all together ? Could this pipe have something to do with the sump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers