I have a PVC pipe extending outside my house ( not out the roof ) on the ground floor that seems to be some sort of vent pipe. Every once in a while there is this loud gurgling and sputtering noise coming out of it. It happens to be located right next to the hot tub and the noise is quite a mood killer. Is there anything I can do about this ?
Maybe an old drain line that was not capped off? However if it is indeed a vent you don't want a cap on it. Vents have to terminate in a way where you won't smell or be affected by the sewer gas. Usually VTR (vent thru roof) piping is from 24" to 36" above the roof line and not near any windows.
I am fairly certain it is a vent pipe, although it is not going throught the roof. It seems to be coming right out of the basement through the cement in back yard. If this was going out the roof I agree I would most likely not even notice it, but it is right under a living room window, and next to the hot tub ? Is there any way you know of to reduce the sounds effect if nto eliminate it all together ? Could this pipe have something to do with the sump ?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight