Alright, the other day my wife went strolling into the bathroom and Sloshed through a wetspot about the size of a football. It's not only an odd place for a puddle, there's also no trail. It's just a soaking wet spot! The Bathroom has tile floor, and there is no sign of dampness or leaking toilet, shower, or sink.
The kitchen sink is just around the corner and we have seen some evidence of dampness and maybe a leaky drain pipe, but there is no trail. The Puddle is isolated. I'm on the second floor of an apartment!
The only thing I can figure is that maybe there is a pipe that is spraying between the floors, and soaking that spot, but then you would think the damage below would be even more serious?
Any ideas on what to look for, or how to handle this wet spot?
p.s. no we didn't spill a glass of water and the spot remains completely soaked, but has not really spread any ****her than this single spot... Hmmmm I'm at a loss
Try to figure out if it's fresh water (supply) or waste (drainage) You can do some simple leak testing on the sink. Plug it, fill and release. Maybe the leak is following a pipe somehow. On the supply side, Make sure all faucets are off. look on your water meter. There should be a small blue dial that spins clockwise. You should see no movement of the dial. If however it does turn with all the faucets off, you have a leak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!