Alright, the other day my wife went strolling into the bathroom and Sloshed through a wetspot about the size of a football. It's not only an odd place for a puddle, there's also no trail. It's just a soaking wet spot! The Bathroom has tile floor, and there is no sign of dampness or leaking toilet, shower, or sink.
The kitchen sink is just around the corner and we have seen some evidence of dampness and maybe a leaky drain pipe, but there is no trail. The Puddle is isolated. I'm on the second floor of an apartment!
The only thing I can figure is that maybe there is a pipe that is spraying between the floors, and soaking that spot, but then you would think the damage below would be even more serious?
Any ideas on what to look for, or how to handle this wet spot?
p.s. no we didn't spill a glass of water and the spot remains completely soaked, but has not really spread any ****her than this single spot... Hmmmm I'm at a loss
Try to figure out if it's fresh water (supply) or waste (drainage) You can do some simple leak testing on the sink. Plug it, fill and release. Maybe the leak is following a pipe somehow. On the supply side, Make sure all faucets are off. look on your water meter. There should be a small blue dial that spins clockwise. You should see no movement of the dial. If however it does turn with all the faucets off, you have a leak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!