Alright, the other day my wife went strolling into the bathroom and Sloshed through a wetspot about the size of a football. It's not only an odd place for a puddle, there's also no trail. It's just a soaking wet spot! The Bathroom has tile floor, and there is no sign of dampness or leaking toilet, shower, or sink.
The kitchen sink is just around the corner and we have seen some evidence of dampness and maybe a leaky drain pipe, but there is no trail. The Puddle is isolated. I'm on the second floor of an apartment!
The only thing I can figure is that maybe there is a pipe that is spraying between the floors, and soaking that spot, but then you would think the damage below would be even more serious?
Any ideas on what to look for, or how to handle this wet spot?
p.s. no we didn't spill a glass of water and the spot remains completely soaked, but has not really spread any ****her than this single spot... Hmmmm I'm at a loss
Try to figure out if it's fresh water (supply) or waste (drainage) You can do some simple leak testing on the sink. Plug it, fill and release. Maybe the leak is following a pipe somehow. On the supply side, Make sure all faucets are off. look on your water meter. There should be a small blue dial that spins clockwise. You should see no movement of the dial. If however it does turn with all the faucets off, you have a leak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees