Alright, the other day my wife went strolling into the bathroom and Sloshed through a wetspot about the size of a football. It's not only an odd place for a puddle, there's also no trail. It's just a soaking wet spot! The Bathroom has tile floor, and there is no sign of dampness or leaking toilet, shower, or sink.
The kitchen sink is just around the corner and we have seen some evidence of dampness and maybe a leaky drain pipe, but there is no trail. The Puddle is isolated. I'm on the second floor of an apartment!
The only thing I can figure is that maybe there is a pipe that is spraying between the floors, and soaking that spot, but then you would think the damage below would be even more serious?
Any ideas on what to look for, or how to handle this wet spot?
p.s. no we didn't spill a glass of water and the spot remains completely soaked, but has not really spread any ****her than this single spot... Hmmmm I'm at a loss
Try to figure out if it's fresh water (supply) or waste (drainage) You can do some simple leak testing on the sink. Plug it, fill and release. Maybe the leak is following a pipe somehow. On the supply side, Make sure all faucets are off. look on your water meter. There should be a small blue dial that spins clockwise. You should see no movement of the dial. If however it does turn with all the faucets off, you have a leak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps