Alright, the other day my wife went strolling into the bathroom and Sloshed through a wetspot about the size of a football. It's not only an odd place for a puddle, there's also no trail. It's just a soaking wet spot! The Bathroom has tile floor, and there is no sign of dampness or leaking toilet, shower, or sink.
The kitchen sink is just around the corner and we have seen some evidence of dampness and maybe a leaky drain pipe, but there is no trail. The Puddle is isolated. I'm on the second floor of an apartment!
The only thing I can figure is that maybe there is a pipe that is spraying between the floors, and soaking that spot, but then you would think the damage below would be even more serious?
Any ideas on what to look for, or how to handle this wet spot?
p.s. no we didn't spill a glass of water and the spot remains completely soaked, but has not really spread any ****her than this single spot... Hmmmm I'm at a loss
Try to figure out if it's fresh water (supply) or waste (drainage) You can do some simple leak testing on the sink. Plug it, fill and release. Maybe the leak is following a pipe somehow. On the supply side, Make sure all faucets are off. look on your water meter. There should be a small blue dial that spins clockwise. You should see no movement of the dial. If however it does turn with all the faucets off, you have a leak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects