I installed a new garbage disposal. I now have my kitchen sink backing up. No matter which side has water run in it it slowly transfers over to the other side of the sink and fills it up. I have made sure that the dish washer plug is removed and the hose hooked up for the dishwasher. I have removed all piping and inspected the p trap to no avail. Please inform me of what needs to be done. Alos I have a septic system.
Try plunging 1st. On a double bowl sink, you will need to block off one side, and plunge. Was the sink clogged before you installed the disposer? Read the do's and dont's carefully with the instructions as to what you can and cannot put down the disposer. Avoid coffee grounds and eggshells. If plunging fails to clear the drain, you can try an auger (snake)Post back and let us know how you made out, Tom
I had already tried plunging. When last yesterday I took off my stupid hat and figured out what needed to be done. I went down into basement and cleaned out the clean out in the pipe running to the main. Then I proceeded to snake the sink drain from the sink down. I pulled out more crap then you could imagine. Obiviuosly the garbage disposal wasn't working correctly and the prior owners kept shoving stuff down. Hence the reason I replaced the disposal and ran into this problem to begin with. Thanks for the heads up, your susgestion got me thinking Tom.
I'm glad it worked out for you pal. You seem to be one step ahead of the game, in recognizing your clean out drains and having the know -how and experience to to the job,hence saving you a bunle on plumber's labor. Pleas rate the advice you seeked here on a a 1 to 5 scale.Your input is appeciated and what we are trying to do is migrate the regular posters the the BBS. Rate please. 1 being the best and 5 being the least.
varnish for oak piece for bathroom sink
Detaching kitchen sink
granite/marble vessal sink,vanity top,knobs,countertop
building a sink
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes