my sump pump drains onto my and my neighbors side lawns causing erosion and wet lawn problems. How can I fix it?
Can you run a larger pipe that flow to an area away from the neighbor? Can you tie it into the storm drain in the street? Sometimes it is tough to find a place for the water. Will the city or town let you pump it into the sewer? Call & find out.Theres got to be something to keep the erosion down & keep your neighbor happy.Good luck.C.
Local codes vary on the discharge. Some municipalities will let you tie into the sewer, but all too many times I have seen the waterproofers take the easy way out and install the discharge into the cleanout of the main house drain. I frown on this because if there ever is a sewer blockage, where does the cable get put in to snake the main drain clear? A seperate wye should be installed for the sump pump drainage. One more idea is to discharge the ground water onto the sunny side of the house, so the water can evaporate sooner.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!