I have a question. We have sold our condo and the home inspector for the buyer brought up a concern regarding the supply lines to our bathroom faucet.
The contractor who remodeled the bathroom installed flexible hot & cold water supply lines to the faucet. Now, this inspector is questionning whether or not we need to replace these lines with metal lines. He said something about the water pressure in high rises being too high and bursting the plastic lines. We live on the 8th floor of a 26 floor buildling.
I have lived in this condo for 2 years and have never had any problem with bursting supply lines....the supply lines in the kitchen are plastic also and were installed prior to my living there.....
Anybody heard about this before, personally, i am disinclined to replace supply lines that were installed 3 weeks ago........
thanks in advance
Hi-rise buildings are on a constant pressure system and chances are there is a PRV somewhere. However a word on Flexy's. They are all not all alike, some are better then others. The good 1's rely on a tight compression seal with no rubber insert. You can ask the building engineer what the water pressure is. If your around 45, I'd say leave the flexy's.
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
CPVC/PVC vs. Copper
fittings and when to use a washer
Aquapex pipe in attic
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps