I have a question. We have sold our condo and the home inspector for the buyer brought up a concern regarding the supply lines to our bathroom faucet.
The contractor who remodeled the bathroom installed flexible hot & cold water supply lines to the faucet. Now, this inspector is questionning whether or not we need to replace these lines with metal lines. He said something about the water pressure in high rises being too high and bursting the plastic lines. We live on the 8th floor of a 26 floor buildling.
I have lived in this condo for 2 years and have never had any problem with bursting supply lines....the supply lines in the kitchen are plastic also and were installed prior to my living there.....
Anybody heard about this before, personally, i am disinclined to replace supply lines that were installed 3 weeks ago........
thanks in advance
Hi-rise buildings are on a constant pressure system and chances are there is a PRV somewhere. However a word on Flexy's. They are all not all alike, some are better then others. The good 1's rely on a tight compression seal with no rubber insert. You can ask the building engineer what the water pressure is. If your around 45, I'd say leave the flexy's.
black,greasy,floating sludge in hot water supply lines
CPVC/PVC vs. Copper
fittings and when to use a washer
Aquapex pipe in attic
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs