About two months ago Iturned off water to upstairs tub/shower in order to do some tile work. Installed new faucets, turned shut-off valves back on and have no wter flow.. Hot water pipe remains cool. No water off out of hot water faucet. Cold water worked twice but now nome comes out of faucet. I tried to draw water out of faucet using a pump figuring I could start the flow but no luck. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
if the valves are the stop and waste type, they have a washer inside the valve that may have become dislodged. Ball valves for shut-offs are increasingly more popular then stop and waste valves. They require hardly any maintenance if all, and are easier to operate. if you decide to replace the old shut-off valves with ball valves, make sure you get the ones that are "full port" Your counterman at the plumbing supply will know what full port means.
I had a similar incident. Do you have galvanised piping in your house? If so when they get old, particularly the hot pipe they corrode to hell inside. So bad that only a small hole could be left inside. When you turn the water off the pressure drop can dilodge a chunk of corrosion. When the pressure is resumed the chunk gets lodged in the small area & blocks off the pipe. If you have galv piping it may be time to replace it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!