About two months ago Iturned off water to upstairs tub/shower in order to do some tile work. Installed new faucets, turned shut-off valves back on and have no wter flow.. Hot water pipe remains cool. No water off out of hot water faucet. Cold water worked twice but now nome comes out of faucet. I tried to draw water out of faucet using a pump figuring I could start the flow but no luck. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
if the valves are the stop and waste type, they have a washer inside the valve that may have become dislodged. Ball valves for shut-offs are increasingly more popular then stop and waste valves. They require hardly any maintenance if all, and are easier to operate. if you decide to replace the old shut-off valves with ball valves, make sure you get the ones that are "full port" Your counterman at the plumbing supply will know what full port means.
I had a similar incident. Do you have galvanised piping in your house? If so when they get old, particularly the hot pipe they corrode to hell inside. So bad that only a small hole could be left inside. When you turn the water off the pressure drop can dilodge a chunk of corrosion. When the pressure is resumed the chunk gets lodged in the small area & blocks off the pipe. If you have galv piping it may be time to replace it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!