About two months ago Iturned off water to upstairs tub/shower in order to do some tile work. Installed new faucets, turned shut-off valves back on and have no wter flow.. Hot water pipe remains cool. No water off out of hot water faucet. Cold water worked twice but now nome comes out of faucet. I tried to draw water out of faucet using a pump figuring I could start the flow but no luck. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
if the valves are the stop and waste type, they have a washer inside the valve that may have become dislodged. Ball valves for shut-offs are increasingly more popular then stop and waste valves. They require hardly any maintenance if all, and are easier to operate. if you decide to replace the old shut-off valves with ball valves, make sure you get the ones that are "full port" Your counterman at the plumbing supply will know what full port means.
I had a similar incident. Do you have galvanised piping in your house? If so when they get old, particularly the hot pipe they corrode to hell inside. So bad that only a small hole could be left inside. When you turn the water off the pressure drop can dilodge a chunk of corrosion. When the pressure is resumed the chunk gets lodged in the small area & blocks off the pipe. If you have galv piping it may be time to replace it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!