Someone please HELP!!
The toilet in our only bathroom was "rocking" badly. What I originally thought was only a bad waz ring or a broken toilet bolt turned out to be THREE broken anchor (flange) bolts. This would be an easy enough problem to fix except for one catch...the floor is concrete slab.
The drain pipe is standard 4' pipe but I'm not certain if it's lead or ABS. My first question is how much space is required around the waste pipe for air circulation?
I bought a new 4" closet flange to replace the older one but the "rim" of the drainage hole is sloped at different angles as if the old bolts cracked the concrete so drilling holes for the flange is nearly impossible as is. My other question is can I patch the concrete to certain dimensions to redrill holes for the floor (closet) flange?
Any advice will be appreciated. I've almost pulled my hair out with this problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs