Someone please HELP!!
The toilet in our only bathroom was "rocking" badly. What I originally thought was only a bad waz ring or a broken toilet bolt turned out to be THREE broken anchor (flange) bolts. This would be an easy enough problem to fix except for one catch...the floor is concrete slab.
The drain pipe is standard 4' pipe but I'm not certain if it's lead or ABS. My first question is how much space is required around the waste pipe for air circulation?
I bought a new 4" closet flange to replace the older one but the "rim" of the drainage hole is sloped at different angles as if the old bolts cracked the concrete so drilling holes for the flange is nearly impossible as is. My other question is can I patch the concrete to certain dimensions to redrill holes for the floor (closet) flange?
Any advice will be appreciated. I've almost pulled my hair out with this problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY