Someone please HELP!!
The toilet in our only bathroom was "rocking" badly. What I originally thought was only a bad waz ring or a broken toilet bolt turned out to be THREE broken anchor (flange) bolts. This would be an easy enough problem to fix except for one catch...the floor is concrete slab.
The drain pipe is standard 4' pipe but I'm not certain if it's lead or ABS. My first question is how much space is required around the waste pipe for air circulation?
I bought a new 4" closet flange to replace the older one but the "rim" of the drainage hole is sloped at different angles as if the old bolts cracked the concrete so drilling holes for the flange is nearly impossible as is. My other question is can I patch the concrete to certain dimensions to redrill holes for the floor (closet) flange?
Any advice will be appreciated. I've almost pulled my hair out with this problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps