Someone please HELP!!
The toilet in our only bathroom was "rocking" badly. What I originally thought was only a bad waz ring or a broken toilet bolt turned out to be THREE broken anchor (flange) bolts. This would be an easy enough problem to fix except for one catch...the floor is concrete slab.
The drain pipe is standard 4' pipe but I'm not certain if it's lead or ABS. My first question is how much space is required around the waste pipe for air circulation?
I bought a new 4" closet flange to replace the older one but the "rim" of the drainage hole is sloped at different angles as if the old bolts cracked the concrete so drilling holes for the flange is nearly impossible as is. My other question is can I patch the concrete to certain dimensions to redrill holes for the floor (closet) flange?
Any advice will be appreciated. I've almost pulled my hair out with this problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees