Someone please HELP!!
The toilet in our only bathroom was "rocking" badly. What I originally thought was only a bad waz ring or a broken toilet bolt turned out to be THREE broken anchor (flange) bolts. This would be an easy enough problem to fix except for one catch...the floor is concrete slab.
The drain pipe is standard 4' pipe but I'm not certain if it's lead or ABS. My first question is how much space is required around the waste pipe for air circulation?
I bought a new 4" closet flange to replace the older one but the "rim" of the drainage hole is sloped at different angles as if the old bolts cracked the concrete so drilling holes for the flange is nearly impossible as is. My other question is can I patch the concrete to certain dimensions to redrill holes for the floor (closet) flange?
Any advice will be appreciated. I've almost pulled my hair out with this problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them