How long should a garbage disposal last? Is it the usual rule of the warranty length plus 1 day?
Mine, with 4-year warranty, seems to have a slow leak on the bottom. It's about four years old (maybe 4.5). It's the same problem that the previous one had (I replaced shortly after I bought the house). Any way to prevent the rust out on the bottom of these, or is that how these things die?
Depends on the make and model. IN-sink-erator pro 77 i believe utilizes a stainless steel grinding chamber. The cheaper ones are poorly constructed and depending on how often you use it will determine the life span. If you got 5 years out of a cheapie, your doing good. When and if you decide to get a new one, be sure to follow the "Do's and Dont's" brochure.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects