How long should a garbage disposal last? Is it the usual rule of the warranty length plus 1 day?
Mine, with 4-year warranty, seems to have a slow leak on the bottom. It's about four years old (maybe 4.5). It's the same problem that the previous one had (I replaced shortly after I bought the house). Any way to prevent the rust out on the bottom of these, or is that how these things die?
Depends on the make and model. IN-sink-erator pro 77 i believe utilizes a stainless steel grinding chamber. The cheaper ones are poorly constructed and depending on how often you use it will determine the life span. If you got 5 years out of a cheapie, your doing good. When and if you decide to get a new one, be sure to follow the "Do's and Dont's" brochure.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!