How long should a garbage disposal last? Is it the usual rule of the warranty length plus 1 day?
Mine, with 4-year warranty, seems to have a slow leak on the bottom. It's about four years old (maybe 4.5). It's the same problem that the previous one had (I replaced shortly after I bought the house). Any way to prevent the rust out on the bottom of these, or is that how these things die?
Depends on the make and model. IN-sink-erator pro 77 i believe utilizes a stainless steel grinding chamber. The cheaper ones are poorly constructed and depending on how often you use it will determine the life span. If you got 5 years out of a cheapie, your doing good. When and if you decide to get a new one, be sure to follow the "Do's and Dont's" brochure.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight