My water pump runs every 15 minutes. With no water being used.
My water pump is located in a pit under ground, along with the pressure tank. All that is in view inside the house is a water "main" pipe coming in to the basement and a master shutoff valve. The rest of the plumbing branches off of the main neatly and all is visable to the eye. There is no lawn sprinkler system. I have gone to each shut off for toilets, 2 outside spigots, sinks, and shut them off. I put dye in the toilets to check for leaks (just in case the shutoffs weren't). I cannot find any leaks in the inside plumbing. I (the pump continues to run)
>>>>>>>When I shut off the main, (where the water first comes into the house) the pump stops running!!!
If you have a bladder or diaphram type tank, use a schrader valve tire gauge on the tank to see if still has it's air charge. While you are in the pit, write down the crucial information about the tank and pump. This will save you a trip down there in the future. Some data to record are : Pump make and model, HP, date installed (if you know it) You can get this info off the plates stamped on the pump and tank.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight