I'm remodeling (more like rebuilding) the kitchen in my mid 1800's colonial. It's a nice house, but I think most plumbing was added as an afterthought, so everything is a challenge. Currently the sink is draining through an outside wall and directly into the septic line underground. Not cute, but it works fine even though it's not vented.
I will be moving the sink and replacing all plumbing, including running a new line back to the basement to eliminate the crude septic tie-in, as well as running a new vent line into the attic and out the roof.
The main sink is on an outside wall and I plan to vent it up that wall. This will have a double sink, disposal, and dishwasher attached. I'm also adding a small vegetable island sink that is located about 8' straight acrossed from the main sink. The closest wall to the island is about 5' which means I'd need to loop vent over to that wall. Or I could just run a non-vented drain over to catch the other line running to the basement and let it vent up through the main sinks vent.
No codes/inspectors to deal with in my area, so I'm shooting for KISS and of course want it to work! Opinions?
Ok each fixture is assigned a value called a fixture unit, the units are then totaled up to determine the size of the vent and or drain line. In your case sebring you can probably get away with a 2" VTR (Vent thru roof) The vegetable sink can also be vented on this line simply by inverting a wye. Don't recommend Doug's link on the cheater vent because if you ever decided to sell the house a home inspector would spot that illegal vent. I think your well within the plumbing code by running the new stack. Good luck, Tom
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
low water pressure at new sink
Long DWV message for help.
Kitchen Faucet doesen't work after replacement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools