An outside fauct I have is PVC and it is leaking. I've tried various things to stop the leak with different epoxys but it doesn't work. I want to take out the fauct and replace it but it looks like a copper pipe is coming out of the wall to the PVC valve? Is this a common setup? How do I go about replacing it without creating my own river?
Is what you want to upgrade to. They are available in many lenghts to fit your application. That also come installed with a vacuum breaker to prevent a possible cross-contamination of a potable water supply. Start by locating a shut-off valve on the interior wall (if no valve shut-off the main valve at the meter) remove the old one. measure what length you will need. Common lenghts are 6, 8 and 12 inches. Most hydrants have a 1/2" sweat connection that you can solder the copper pipe directly into the end, or you can screw it into a CXF adapter. Make sure your existing hole thru the wall is large enough to fit the hydrant thru the wall from the outside in. Make your connection. The advantage of this type of hydrant is: You can keep the water on all year long, provided the interior space is heated. In the wintertime make sure you disconnect the garden hose from the hydrant.
Is this unusual to have a copper tube leading into a PVC faucet? I've never solder anything in my life. What I was wondering if I could just shut off the water supply to the house and just use PVC piping to the outside.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers