An outside fauct I have is PVC and it is leaking. I've tried various things to stop the leak with different epoxys but it doesn't work. I want to take out the fauct and replace it but it looks like a copper pipe is coming out of the wall to the PVC valve? Is this a common setup? How do I go about replacing it without creating my own river?
Is what you want to upgrade to. They are available in many lenghts to fit your application. That also come installed with a vacuum breaker to prevent a possible cross-contamination of a potable water supply. Start by locating a shut-off valve on the interior wall (if no valve shut-off the main valve at the meter) remove the old one. measure what length you will need. Common lenghts are 6, 8 and 12 inches. Most hydrants have a 1/2" sweat connection that you can solder the copper pipe directly into the end, or you can screw it into a CXF adapter. Make sure your existing hole thru the wall is large enough to fit the hydrant thru the wall from the outside in. Make your connection. The advantage of this type of hydrant is: You can keep the water on all year long, provided the interior space is heated. In the wintertime make sure you disconnect the garden hose from the hydrant.
Is this unusual to have a copper tube leading into a PVC faucet? I've never solder anything in my life. What I was wondering if I could just shut off the water supply to the house and just use PVC piping to the outside.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!