I'm going to hang a six foot swing on my screened in porch and I think I have a problem. The roof of the porch is slanted, and the 4x8 beam that I'll be hanging the swing under and from is also slanted. On the left side of the swing it's 4 feet up to the beam, and on the right side it would be 6 feet up to the beam I'm going to hang the swing from.
If I hang it this way, the swing will not swing in a straight line and will swing crooked. Trust me I know from hanging my kids swing from a crooked branch in the yard!
Any idea how I can hang the swing from this slanted beam so that it can swing in a straight line?? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight