I'm going to hang a six foot swing on my screened in porch and I think I have a problem. The roof of the porch is slanted, and the 4x8 beam that I'll be hanging the swing under and from is also slanted. On the left side of the swing it's 4 feet up to the beam, and on the right side it would be 6 feet up to the beam I'm going to hang the swing from.
If I hang it this way, the swing will not swing in a straight line and will swing crooked. Trust me I know from hanging my kids swing from a crooked branch in the yard!
Any idea how I can hang the swing from this slanted beam so that it can swing in a straight line?? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!