I am having a problem with one of the water control knobs in my shower. We have two knobs, one for cold water and one for hot. You turn the knobs clockwise or counter-clockwise to turn the water on and off.
The cold water knob works fine. With the hot water knob, however, when you turn it about only 1/2 of a turn the hot water comes out and if you twist the knob further (to try and increase the volume of hot water) the amount of hot water coming out stays the same as the 1/2 turn.
Anotherwords, after 1/2 turn of the knob you can twist the hot water knob as much as you want and the amount of hot water coming out of the faucet will not increase. So the amount of cold water is mismatched with the hot...the cold is much greater.
Any thoughts on what is wrong with the hot water knob and how to repair (or replace) it is appreciated. Thanks.
refrigerator/freezer won't cool/freeze correctly
Kenmore 80 series washer - moved it & now it doesnt ...
Basement Shower Stall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects