I am having a problem with one of the water control knobs in my shower. We have two knobs, one for cold water and one for hot. You turn the knobs clockwise or counter-clockwise to turn the water on and off.
The cold water knob works fine. With the hot water knob, however, when you turn it about only 1/2 of a turn the hot water comes out and if you twist the knob further (to try and increase the volume of hot water) the amount of hot water coming out stays the same as the 1/2 turn.
Anotherwords, after 1/2 turn of the knob you can twist the hot water knob as much as you want and the amount of hot water coming out of the faucet will not increase. So the amount of cold water is mismatched with the hot...the cold is much greater.
Any thoughts on what is wrong with the hot water knob and how to repair (or replace) it is appreciated. Thanks.
refrigerator/freezer won't cool/freeze correctly
Kenmore 80 series washer - moved it & now it doesnt ...
Basement Shower Stall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love