I've read a whole bunch of threads here about shower valves and shower heads, but I've seen nothing regarding the Jaclo brand. We visited a bathroom showroom and kind of liked a Jaclo settup that included the valve, a fixed shower head, a shower bar, a handheld shower head and the flexible pipe for the handheld. The whole package totaled about $420, which kind of knocked my socks off. Perhaps I have an unrealistic expectation about shower plumbing, but that seems high to me. I do want decent quality, though.
Is Jaclo a good brand? Is that price reasonable for that setup?
The Jaclo valves are made in New Jersey and must be a regional valve as I have not encountered them in the mid west. So you must be in the east. I checked their web=site and it appears to be a good quality valve. I presume you selected a Chrome valve where you can use either the fixed head or the handshower but now both at the same time. The pricing doesn't seem to be out of line. Valves now have to be temperature and pressure balacing and that has increased their costs.
Water coming out of shower head and spout....at the ...
Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects