I've read a whole bunch of threads here about shower valves and shower heads, but I've seen nothing regarding the Jaclo brand. We visited a bathroom showroom and kind of liked a Jaclo settup that included the valve, a fixed shower head, a shower bar, a handheld shower head and the flexible pipe for the handheld. The whole package totaled about $420, which kind of knocked my socks off. Perhaps I have an unrealistic expectation about shower plumbing, but that seems high to me. I do want decent quality, though.
Is Jaclo a good brand? Is that price reasonable for that setup?
The Jaclo valves are made in New Jersey and must be a regional valve as I have not encountered them in the mid west. So you must be in the east. I checked their web=site and it appears to be a good quality valve. I presume you selected a Chrome valve where you can use either the fixed head or the handshower but now both at the same time. The pricing doesn't seem to be out of line. Valves now have to be temperature and pressure balacing and that has increased their costs.
Delta tub spout has STUCK shower knob.
Water coming out of shower head and spout....at the ...
low shower pressure
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!