After I have flushed my toilet, and after it has refilled itself, water keeps slowly running down into the pan. It isn't a gret deal of water but there is always a constant noise there too.
I'm about to start renting out my flat and want to get it fixed. Any ideas what it could be?
You could read the articles on this site to gain a better understanding of how a toilet works. You may have a flapper that needs replaced, your water level in the tank could be too high allowing it to run over the overflow tube and/or your refill tube could be inside the overflow tube resulting in siphoning. Remove the lid on the tank and observe it's operation. It may be a value to replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and to replace your flapper.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love