After I have flushed my toilet, and after it has refilled itself, water keeps slowly running down into the pan. It isn't a gret deal of water but there is always a constant noise there too.
I'm about to start renting out my flat and want to get it fixed. Any ideas what it could be?
You could read the articles on this site to gain a better understanding of how a toilet works. You may have a flapper that needs replaced, your water level in the tank could be too high allowing it to run over the overflow tube and/or your refill tube could be inside the overflow tube resulting in siphoning. Remove the lid on the tank and observe it's operation. It may be a value to replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and to replace your flapper.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!