After I have flushed my toilet, and after it has refilled itself, water keeps slowly running down into the pan. It isn't a gret deal of water but there is always a constant noise there too.
I'm about to start renting out my flat and want to get it fixed. Any ideas what it could be?
You could read the articles on this site to gain a better understanding of how a toilet works. You may have a flapper that needs replaced, your water level in the tank could be too high allowing it to run over the overflow tube and/or your refill tube could be inside the overflow tube resulting in siphoning. Remove the lid on the tank and observe it's operation. It may be a value to replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and to replace your flapper.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects