Recently two of our toilets have started to backup, we plung them and then they are back to normal. One toilet is a recent install, including all the plumbing and has been worry free for over two years, the other is on origianl plumbing and has been fine since we moved in. Only in the past several months have we experienced this, and not every day, more like once every other week or so. The last time the toilet on the original pipes clogged, it drained real slow once it flushed, and would act as though there was a vacumn in the system as the water in the bowl would slowly drop below the opening in the bowl.
We are on a Septic system that has two branches exiting the house. The venting for the new install is good, since the tub. sink. and shower all drain quickly. Could this be an issue with the tank?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight