I have a back outlet toilet and we were having problems with it. So my husband and I replaced the seal between the tank and bowl. Well in the process we found a crack. From reading other posts it looks like a better idea to just replace it. My question is - Does anyone know of a cheap ($) replacement? ***** told us it would be like $400 to order and replace. The tank is an odd size so the whole toilet has to be replaced. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra tank? hehe. Thanks.
The $400.00 price for a wall hung toilet installed does not seem unreasonable. If you were living on either cost you would probably pay twice that. If it's just the tank you might be able to replace it. Why do you consider it to be an odd size? While the newer toilet tanks are not interchangeable with other toilets the older ones are. The space between the tank to bowl bolts is the only important measurement. I don't know where to find old tanks however.
Well the toilet isn't wall hung, it does screw to the floor, it just empties out of the back instead of the floor. And we did try replacing the tank but the bolt measurements did not match. We also asked our local improvement store if we could buy a new tank to replace it, they said they could not sell bigger than a 1.5 tank - that we would have to order a new toilet.
Toilet flange cracked--how to fix?
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
plumber can't unclog- wants to replace toilet
Removing 5' baseboard heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes