I have a back outlet toilet and we were having problems with it. So my husband and I replaced the seal between the tank and bowl. Well in the process we found a crack. From reading other posts it looks like a better idea to just replace it. My question is - Does anyone know of a cheap ($) replacement? ***** told us it would be like $400 to order and replace. The tank is an odd size so the whole toilet has to be replaced. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra tank? hehe. Thanks.
The $400.00 price for a wall hung toilet installed does not seem unreasonable. If you were living on either cost you would probably pay twice that. If it's just the tank you might be able to replace it. Why do you consider it to be an odd size? While the newer toilet tanks are not interchangeable with other toilets the older ones are. The space between the tank to bowl bolts is the only important measurement. I don't know where to find old tanks however.
Well the toilet isn't wall hung, it does screw to the floor, it just empties out of the back instead of the floor. And we did try replacing the tank but the bolt measurements did not match. We also asked our local improvement store if we could buy a new tank to replace it, they said they could not sell bigger than a 1.5 tank - that we would have to order a new toilet.
Toilet flange cracked--how to fix?
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
plumber can't unclog- wants to replace toilet
Removing 5' baseboard heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!