I have a back outlet toilet and we were having problems with it. So my husband and I replaced the seal between the tank and bowl. Well in the process we found a crack. From reading other posts it looks like a better idea to just replace it. My question is - Does anyone know of a cheap ($) replacement? ***** told us it would be like $400 to order and replace. The tank is an odd size so the whole toilet has to be replaced. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra tank? hehe. Thanks.
The $400.00 price for a wall hung toilet installed does not seem unreasonable. If you were living on either cost you would probably pay twice that. If it's just the tank you might be able to replace it. Why do you consider it to be an odd size? While the newer toilet tanks are not interchangeable with other toilets the older ones are. The space between the tank to bowl bolts is the only important measurement. I don't know where to find old tanks however.
Well the toilet isn't wall hung, it does screw to the floor, it just empties out of the back instead of the floor. And we did try replacing the tank but the bolt measurements did not match. We also asked our local improvement store if we could buy a new tank to replace it, they said they could not sell bigger than a 1.5 tank - that we would have to order a new toilet.
Toilet flange cracked--how to fix?
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
plumber can't unclog- wants to replace toilet
Removing 5' baseboard heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs