I have a back outlet toilet and we were having problems with it. So my husband and I replaced the seal between the tank and bowl. Well in the process we found a crack. From reading other posts it looks like a better idea to just replace it. My question is - Does anyone know of a cheap ($) replacement? ***** told us it would be like $400 to order and replace. The tank is an odd size so the whole toilet has to be replaced. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra tank? hehe. Thanks.
The $400.00 price for a wall hung toilet installed does not seem unreasonable. If you were living on either cost you would probably pay twice that. If it's just the tank you might be able to replace it. Why do you consider it to be an odd size? While the newer toilet tanks are not interchangeable with other toilets the older ones are. The space between the tank to bowl bolts is the only important measurement. I don't know where to find old tanks however.
Well the toilet isn't wall hung, it does screw to the floor, it just empties out of the back instead of the floor. And we did try replacing the tank but the bolt measurements did not match. We also asked our local improvement store if we could buy a new tank to replace it, they said they could not sell bigger than a 1.5 tank - that we would have to order a new toilet.
Toilet flange cracked--how to fix?
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
plumber can't unclog- wants to replace toilet
Removing 5' baseboard heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps