I have a back outlet toilet and we were having problems with it. So my husband and I replaced the seal between the tank and bowl. Well in the process we found a crack. From reading other posts it looks like a better idea to just replace it. My question is - Does anyone know of a cheap ($) replacement? ***** told us it would be like $400 to order and replace. The tank is an odd size so the whole toilet has to be replaced. Any ideas? Anyone have an extra tank? hehe. Thanks.
The $400.00 price for a wall hung toilet installed does not seem unreasonable. If you were living on either cost you would probably pay twice that. If it's just the tank you might be able to replace it. Why do you consider it to be an odd size? While the newer toilet tanks are not interchangeable with other toilets the older ones are. The space between the tank to bowl bolts is the only important measurement. I don't know where to find old tanks however.
Well the toilet isn't wall hung, it does screw to the floor, it just empties out of the back instead of the floor. And we did try replacing the tank but the bolt measurements did not match. We also asked our local improvement store if we could buy a new tank to replace it, they said they could not sell bigger than a 1.5 tank - that we would have to order a new toilet.
Toilet flange cracked--how to fix?
Persistent Toilet Problem--After New Stack--Intermit...
plumber can't unclog- wants to replace toilet
Removing 5' baseboard heater
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!