I'd like to hear from some plumbers on the use of plastic pipe as opposed to copper. I have a re-piping job to do and it seems copper is not as reliable as it used to be.
Some here in my area say copper pipes are springing pinhole leaks after only a few years. But my brother who used to be a plumber says plastic pipes are not a good alternative as they don't hold pressure well. Any other opinions? Thanks!
There have been improvements in the plastic pipes. The quality of the water seems to be the biggest determining factor. In some areas of the country copper won't stand up. Some of the copper failures are flux not being wiped or washed off, pipes not being reamed resulting in turbulence and the use of the lighter weight M instead of L grade. If you're in one of the areas that copper is not lasting then you'd better stay with CPVC or PEX. There's two new pex formulas out now.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!