I am interested in hearing from those who have knowledge of, or even better, experience with tankless water heaters. We live in a four level house (old!) and I am wondering if tankless would work for us. We have a bath on each level except the first floor. We use natural gas here and I have heard it would not save us any money to have tankless. Anyway, please give me some advice. Thanks,
I did look but my specific questions on gas don't seem to be addressed and I am hoping for "fresh" info.
Hi Timbear, We built a new home and had a Tagai tankless heater installed. Our thinking was that we are retired and only two people normally living here. Also, we installed an 'air massage' tub for two that takes 80 gallons of water. Love the endless supply of hot water but do not believe it really is a savings. After cost of heater and installation, it will probably take 20 years to see a payback. Still, would do it again if given the choice. This heater can supply two showers at the same time and has given no problems.
Thanks, LDoyle! Tell me is your tankless located very far from the showers? I have heard distance is sometimes an issue. Thanks,
Hi Timbear, Yes, our tankless is located at one end of the house while the Master Bath is at the other. Only 'problem' is that we have to run the hot water until the lines are cleared of the cold. Since we are on well water, that is not too much of a problem but are installing a recirculating pump recommended bt Tagai. This allows us to press a button to start the pump and it turns off as soon as the hot water reaches the end of the line. This will ease our thoughts about wasting water.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight