Can anyone tell me how to fix a leaky hot water faucet going to my clothes washer? I can turn it off and it not leak. and I can partially open it up before it starts spraying from around the shaft. I have tried tightening the small nut on top of handle, and the big nut at the base. Nothing helps. Or do I need to get a plumber? Thanks for any help.
If the packing nut around the stem will not tighten any more then you need to replace the packing inside it. There are so many sizes that it is often easier just to replace the valve. However, to replace the packing you should turn off the hot water at your heater and remove the stem from the valve body. After you remove the handle you will be able to remove the packing nut and take it and the stem to the store to find the right packing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!