I have a big screen TV (57") and an entertainment center that it fits into, where there are 2 pilars (one on each side, making it adjustable) and a bridge that spans across the top making it look like one big unit.
I needed a shelf for my components (DVD , Cable, Xbox, and VCR), so I attached 2 L-Brackets to each side on the to the area above the TV, and placed a shelf 57" long.
I have placed all my components on this new shelf, bay now have a sag in the middle of the shelf.
Can you tell me a way to get rid of the sag ?? Can I attach a 1 X 2 in the middle of the shelf to give it support ??
most shelves are supported by a wood strip attached across the back wall. In your case, you could align the support board along the back of the shelf and screw through the top of the shelf into the support board. One other suggestions, be sure to attach the shelf to each side to prevent it from falling out of the side supports. Those two sides of the entertainment center move, and if they are inadvertently spread apart, the shelf will drop your components onto the top of the TV or worse. A couple screws from the inside of each side cabinet, into the shelf should do it. Drill pilot holes for accuracy.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!