I have a big screen TV (57") and an entertainment center that it fits into, where there are 2 pilars (one on each side, making it adjustable) and a bridge that spans across the top making it look like one big unit.
I needed a shelf for my components (DVD , Cable, Xbox, and VCR), so I attached 2 L-Brackets to each side on the to the area above the TV, and placed a shelf 57" long.
I have placed all my components on this new shelf, bay now have a sag in the middle of the shelf.
Can you tell me a way to get rid of the sag ?? Can I attach a 1 X 2 in the middle of the shelf to give it support ??
most shelves are supported by a wood strip attached across the back wall. In your case, you could align the support board along the back of the shelf and screw through the top of the shelf into the support board. One other suggestions, be sure to attach the shelf to each side to prevent it from falling out of the side supports. Those two sides of the entertainment center move, and if they are inadvertently spread apart, the shelf will drop your components onto the top of the TV or worse. A couple screws from the inside of each side cabinet, into the shelf should do it. Drill pilot holes for accuracy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers