I have a big screen TV (57") and an entertainment center that it fits into, where there are 2 pilars (one on each side, making it adjustable) and a bridge that spans across the top making it look like one big unit.
I needed a shelf for my components (DVD , Cable, Xbox, and VCR), so I attached 2 L-Brackets to each side on the to the area above the TV, and placed a shelf 57" long.
I have placed all my components on this new shelf, bay now have a sag in the middle of the shelf.
Can you tell me a way to get rid of the sag ?? Can I attach a 1 X 2 in the middle of the shelf to give it support ??
most shelves are supported by a wood strip attached across the back wall. In your case, you could align the support board along the back of the shelf and screw through the top of the shelf into the support board. One other suggestions, be sure to attach the shelf to each side to prevent it from falling out of the side supports. Those two sides of the entertainment center move, and if they are inadvertently spread apart, the shelf will drop your components onto the top of the TV or worse. A couple screws from the inside of each side cabinet, into the shelf should do it. Drill pilot holes for accuracy.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees