FIRST TIME POSTER.
I AM WANTING TO EXTEND A WATER LINE DIRECTLY FROM THE WELL HYDRANT IN MY YARD. THIS LINE WILL TRAVEL SEVERAL HUNDRED FEET.
ANY INFO ON INTIAL PIPE DIAMETERS AND STEP DOWN FORMULAS OVER LONG DISTANCES?
THE END WATER SOURCE IDEALLY SHOULD HAVE AVERAGE WATER VOLUME.
The size of piping depends on your current pressure, the distance you want to travel and the number and type of fixtures to be supplied. My 30 to 45 psi chart says a 3/4 inch line 200 feet long will supply 6 fixture units. A wall hydrant is 4 and a sink is two. A 1" line will supply 15 fixture units. If your well hydrant is not at the well then the total fixtures supplied by the well and their distances need to be taken into consideration.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs