FIRST TIME POSTER.
I AM WANTING TO EXTEND A WATER LINE DIRECTLY FROM THE WELL HYDRANT IN MY YARD. THIS LINE WILL TRAVEL SEVERAL HUNDRED FEET.
ANY INFO ON INTIAL PIPE DIAMETERS AND STEP DOWN FORMULAS OVER LONG DISTANCES?
THE END WATER SOURCE IDEALLY SHOULD HAVE AVERAGE WATER VOLUME.
The size of piping depends on your current pressure, the distance you want to travel and the number and type of fixtures to be supplied. My 30 to 45 psi chart says a 3/4 inch line 200 feet long will supply 6 fixture units. A wall hydrant is 4 and a sink is two. A 1" line will supply 15 fixture units. If your well hydrant is not at the well then the total fixtures supplied by the well and their distances need to be taken into consideration.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them