FIRST TIME POSTER.
I AM WANTING TO EXTEND A WATER LINE DIRECTLY FROM THE WELL HYDRANT IN MY YARD. THIS LINE WILL TRAVEL SEVERAL HUNDRED FEET.
ANY INFO ON INTIAL PIPE DIAMETERS AND STEP DOWN FORMULAS OVER LONG DISTANCES?
THE END WATER SOURCE IDEALLY SHOULD HAVE AVERAGE WATER VOLUME.
The size of piping depends on your current pressure, the distance you want to travel and the number and type of fixtures to be supplied. My 30 to 45 psi chart says a 3/4 inch line 200 feet long will supply 6 fixture units. A wall hydrant is 4 and a sink is two. A 1" line will supply 15 fixture units. If your well hydrant is not at the well then the total fixtures supplied by the well and their distances need to be taken into consideration.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!