I want to install a bathroom in my basement. My sewer pipe is approximately 4'6" above the floor so I need to pump the toilet up to the sewer line. In addition, I will be installing a shower and sink. The bathroom will be about 7 feet from the sewer line. I am open to 2 options, installing the pump up in a closet which will be on the oppsite wall of the toilet or installing the pump underground (which I prefer not to do). What type of pump do I need to accomplish this. The bathroom facility will be used daily but not many times per day. I would also like to have a barsink tie into the same line.
What are your recommendations?
Plumbing in Slab
Basement Plumbing vent
Adding Bathroom in Basement -- Is It Really So Bad?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight