I'm in the process of finishing my basement which will include a large BR with a jacuzzi-type tub. Right now, it takes a LONG time to get hot water to our kitchen sink and DW because the existing hot water heater is at the other end of the house. I thought it might be nice to add a second, small hot water heater (~15 gallons) to just service the kitchen. I have a closet that I've already finished that is right under the kitchen and it's right where my LP line comes into the house. Is this idea sound and where can I find a good 15 gallon LP hot water heater? My existing hot water heater is power vented. Will a new one need to be power vented as well?
Thanks for any and all advice!
I would go with a tankless hot water heater. They are expensive to buy but cheaper to operate than hot water heaters w/tanks. They give you a endless supply of hot water. That way when your wife fills up that 70 gallon tub you don't have to wait for the water to heat back up to take a shower. Check out www.foreverhotwater.com. Thats what I'm installing in my new house. It will supply 8.5 gpm of hot water. It will still take a few seconds to get water to the sink, but there are also point of use water heaters for sinks and appliances. I believe they are electric though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!