I have an American Standard shower fixtures that when you try to turn the shower on the water continues to come out the spout instead. We have taken to using our finger to push the diverter into place so the shower will run. What would be the best possible fix for this?
Dlucks101 - hi, you should be able to find repair parts for your diverter at the big box home improvement stores. I did one of these repairs recently myself. My diverter was at the water exit end of the tub spout. The replacement parts normally consist of a new pull knob that threads through the actual diverter...my old one was plastic and the pull knob had stripped the threads in the diverter. It only took a few minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. I hope this helps - regards! Jim D/West Point, VA
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Can shower tiles leak?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight