I have an American Standard shower fixtures that when you try to turn the shower on the water continues to come out the spout instead. We have taken to using our finger to push the diverter into place so the shower will run. What would be the best possible fix for this?
Dlucks101 - hi, you should be able to find repair parts for your diverter at the big box home improvement stores. I did one of these repairs recently myself. My diverter was at the water exit end of the tub spout. The replacement parts normally consist of a new pull knob that threads through the actual diverter...my old one was plastic and the pull knob had stripped the threads in the diverter. It only took a few minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. I hope this helps - regards! Jim D/West Point, VA
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Can shower tiles leak?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!