I have an American Standard shower fixtures that when you try to turn the shower on the water continues to come out the spout instead. We have taken to using our finger to push the diverter into place so the shower will run. What would be the best possible fix for this?
Dlucks101 - hi, you should be able to find repair parts for your diverter at the big box home improvement stores. I did one of these repairs recently myself. My diverter was at the water exit end of the tub spout. The replacement parts normally consist of a new pull knob that threads through the actual diverter...my old one was plastic and the pull knob had stripped the threads in the diverter. It only took a few minutes to remove the old one and install the new one. I hope this helps - regards! Jim D/West Point, VA
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Can shower tiles leak?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes