Sorry - I forgot to let you know my e-mail. It is email@example.com.
I have two Inceps in a second home we purchased several years ago. Both toilet seats are in good shape. The flapper ball inside the tank was worn, so I decided to replace all the inner parts. When I reset the tank, there was a leak. I tried several times, tightening the parts and the tank bolts down each time. The bowl washer looks warn and is a unique design. Does anyone know where a replacement can be bought? I think this is the source of the leak.
Brown County Bob
Brown County Bob
I have three of these nasty toilets in my house, the Laufen Incepa. I am just on the verge of replacing them with Toto's, I now have one in a basement washroom and they are the best I have ever seen. My Incepa's are now taking two flushes to get the job done in most cases, I have maxed the water level, cleaned the underrim holes but still poor performing. If you need parts I bought mine from The Plumbing Warehouse in Brampton, Ontario, 905-458-9690, talk to George. I have broke two of these seats, and they cost about $90.00. One thing I did which solved the breaking problem is to add two more supports to the underside of the seat, you know those little standoffs, use the ones from your old seat and just silicone them on, this will add support where it is needed. Hope this helps, and I will be so glad when I pitch mine in the dump.
Wow $80 but I need to sit down. Can you send me where you bought it.
the toilet seat you want is now being sold by HERBEAU which is in Florida. I contacted them and they have four dealers in Ontario and two in Quebec. I contacted Glenbriar Home Hardware in Waterloo and sent them a picture. The original incepa seat is $600 but they are getting me one that fits for $54. It is a Herbeau Carla Toilet Seat number is 0634 for the style I have.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING