MY CRANE TOILET TANK HAS A CRACK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK. BECAUSE I HAVE OVER TIGHTENED THE BOLTS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NEW CRANE TOILET TANKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE . THE ONE I HAVE IS EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD . CAN I USE ANOTHER BRAND TANK TOP SUCH AS ELJEN .INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WHOLE NEW BOWL AND TANK .
Sorry.... Crane toilet tanks 18 years ago were 3.5 gal. flush tanks. All that is available today are 1.6 flush. Your old bowl will not flush with less water. It would be less costly to replace the whole toilet with a better toilet. The Kohler wellworth model is a great flushing 1.6 toilet. Now, If you want to replace the tank only, this is what you can do to get the full 3.5 flush. Purchase a new Crane 1.6 Galaxy model tank. You will have to change the Flush valve with a taller model. Fluidmaster make a replacement with a tall overflow tube #507A. Then replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and raise the fill valve to a taller level. Instructions are on the box. Doing this will give you a new 3.5 tank. By the way the govt. doesn't want you to do this and this I didn't tell you...hehe. Keep in mind that you can't use another brand tank on your Crane bowl. It must be a Crane Galaxy tank. They should be available at most plumbing wholesale distributors. ***** also carries this line in many areas.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight