MY CRANE TOILET TANK HAS A CRACK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK. BECAUSE I HAVE OVER TIGHTENED THE BOLTS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NEW CRANE TOILET TANKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE . THE ONE I HAVE IS EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD . CAN I USE ANOTHER BRAND TANK TOP SUCH AS ELJEN .INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WHOLE NEW BOWL AND TANK .
Sorry.... Crane toilet tanks 18 years ago were 3.5 gal. flush tanks. All that is available today are 1.6 flush. Your old bowl will not flush with less water. It would be less costly to replace the whole toilet with a better toilet. The Kohler wellworth model is a great flushing 1.6 toilet. Now, If you want to replace the tank only, this is what you can do to get the full 3.5 flush. Purchase a new Crane 1.6 Galaxy model tank. You will have to change the Flush valve with a taller model. Fluidmaster make a replacement with a tall overflow tube #507A. Then replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and raise the fill valve to a taller level. Instructions are on the box. Doing this will give you a new 3.5 tank. By the way the govt. doesn't want you to do this and this I didn't tell you...hehe. Keep in mind that you can't use another brand tank on your Crane bowl. It must be a Crane Galaxy tank. They should be available at most plumbing wholesale distributors. ***** also carries this line in many areas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes