MY CRANE TOILET TANK HAS A CRACK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK. BECAUSE I HAVE OVER TIGHTENED THE BOLTS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NEW CRANE TOILET TANKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE . THE ONE I HAVE IS EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD . CAN I USE ANOTHER BRAND TANK TOP SUCH AS ELJEN .INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WHOLE NEW BOWL AND TANK .
Sorry.... Crane toilet tanks 18 years ago were 3.5 gal. flush tanks. All that is available today are 1.6 flush. Your old bowl will not flush with less water. It would be less costly to replace the whole toilet with a better toilet. The Kohler wellworth model is a great flushing 1.6 toilet. Now, If you want to replace the tank only, this is what you can do to get the full 3.5 flush. Purchase a new Crane 1.6 Galaxy model tank. You will have to change the Flush valve with a taller model. Fluidmaster make a replacement with a tall overflow tube #507A. Then replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A and raise the fill valve to a taller level. Instructions are on the box. Doing this will give you a new 3.5 tank. By the way the govt. doesn't want you to do this and this I didn't tell you...hehe. Keep in mind that you can't use another brand tank on your Crane bowl. It must be a Crane Galaxy tank. They should be available at most plumbing wholesale distributors. ***** also carries this line in many areas.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide