I love my Mansfield toilets. Still made in America!
Remove the lift tower & apply plumbers lube on the seal at the bottom of the tank & at the bottom of the lift tower. Problem fixed & the parts will last longer.
A note about the lift tower: Look at the bottom of the tower & if there is only one 1/4" hole on the bottom, call Mansfield & tell them that you want the modified version (which has two holes instead of one). The improved part will keep the tower up longer allowing more water to pass on every flush. Much better.
Thankfully, I also came across this thread and it cost me $1.79 for a new flush valve seal and 5 minutes of labor to fix this problem. Being a woman, I am taken advantage of alot by the service industry. This was a wonderful find for me!
I have four mansfield manufactured toilets in my home (not my choice... put in by contractor in new build). I've had problems with all of them... and the same problem... I've had to fix all of them myself. They eventually stop flushing... water runs forever, etc. Will eventually replace all of them with something of better quality.
Wow should have done some internet research before investing at least 2 hours of time, 2 trips to Home Depot,and money on a new handle for my hard to flush Mansfield. Thanks to this site I spoke with someone at Mansfield this morning 877-850-3060 and was also told to replace the red seal, which they are sending me free of charge. Yay!!
Thanks for this thread! Saved at least $100 in plumber fees. Super simple to replace seal rings. The old ones were disintegrating.
Have read all the post and as everyone has said the Mansfield toilets in my home were installed by the builder also.....I have had only one of my toilets have problems which started with the hard to flush handle which I went and purchased a new handle for $12.....This worked for a couple of months and then it started running and would not stop....I went to the Lowes and HD in my area and they said they did not carry the replacement parts for my 160 so I purchased a new all in one replacement part. I took the Mansfield parts out but could not get the tower (I think that is what it is called) out so decided to go online to get help....after looking at various sites I found this one and so GLAD I did because I am going to call Mansfield to hopefully get my free part and return the one I purchased.....just wished I had known about it before I purchased the handle....Thank you everyone.
Debbie from Charlotte NC
Debbie from Charlotte NC
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight