This should be a simple question. I'm going to tap into a sewage vent in my yard, the question is should I use a neoprene connector if the connection is underground? The existing vent has one a few inches underground connecting two lengths of cast iron and it's been rotted through. Will any type if adhesive like PVC cement work? I've noticed they sell hub connections for connecting cast iron to pvc so there must be something, right? Thanks in advance...
If you are replacing a section of Cast Iron with PVC, Use two Fernco connectors, one on each side. For added strength also add a shear band. in the center of each flexible connector. Once you cut the piece out, slide the flexible connectors all the way on the pvc that you cut to make a tight fit in the void. Slide each flexible connector 1/2 way over the cast iron and tighten all four clamps. Pack dirt under the pipe well and then backfill. *Note: If you are in Florida you can work from ground level. If you are in a deep hole, besure to use proper shoring of plywood and 2x4's to support the ditch. Even a collapse of a three foot ditch could kill you. Dig the ditch wide and on an angle.
Neoprene is how you connect your Sch #40 or #80 PVC to your cast-iron. Make sure your sheer band is 100% Stainless and its adjustment bolt. be sure to lay in a stone bed not just incase directly in earth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes