This should be a simple question. I'm going to tap into a sewage vent in my yard, the question is should I use a neoprene connector if the connection is underground? The existing vent has one a few inches underground connecting two lengths of cast iron and it's been rotted through. Will any type if adhesive like PVC cement work? I've noticed they sell hub connections for connecting cast iron to pvc so there must be something, right? Thanks in advance...
If you are replacing a section of Cast Iron with PVC, Use two Fernco connectors, one on each side. For added strength also add a shear band. in the center of each flexible connector. Once you cut the piece out, slide the flexible connectors all the way on the pvc that you cut to make a tight fit in the void. Slide each flexible connector 1/2 way over the cast iron and tighten all four clamps. Pack dirt under the pipe well and then backfill. *Note: If you are in Florida you can work from ground level. If you are in a deep hole, besure to use proper shoring of plywood and 2x4's to support the ditch. Even a collapse of a three foot ditch could kill you. Dig the ditch wide and on an angle.
Neoprene is how you connect your Sch #40 or #80 PVC to your cast-iron. Make sure your sheer band is 100% Stainless and its adjustment bolt. be sure to lay in a stone bed not just incase directly in earth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!