This should be a simple question. I'm going to tap into a sewage vent in my yard, the question is should I use a neoprene connector if the connection is underground? The existing vent has one a few inches underground connecting two lengths of cast iron and it's been rotted through. Will any type if adhesive like PVC cement work? I've noticed they sell hub connections for connecting cast iron to pvc so there must be something, right? Thanks in advance...
If you are replacing a section of Cast Iron with PVC, Use two Fernco connectors, one on each side. For added strength also add a shear band. in the center of each flexible connector. Once you cut the piece out, slide the flexible connectors all the way on the pvc that you cut to make a tight fit in the void. Slide each flexible connector 1/2 way over the cast iron and tighten all four clamps. Pack dirt under the pipe well and then backfill. *Note: If you are in Florida you can work from ground level. If you are in a deep hole, besure to use proper shoring of plywood and 2x4's to support the ditch. Even a collapse of a three foot ditch could kill you. Dig the ditch wide and on an angle.
Neoprene is how you connect your Sch #40 or #80 PVC to your cast-iron. Make sure your sheer band is 100% Stainless and its adjustment bolt. be sure to lay in a stone bed not just incase directly in earth.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide