We recently had a refrigerator with an ice maker installed. One bathroom is just behind the kitchen wall.
The folks that installed it ran a tube from the bathroom under sink cabinet, drilled a hole in the wall, and ran the tube to the refrigerator.
Ever since then, we've had an odor coming from under the sink. Not all the time, but when it's there, it's pretty pungent. It smells almost like septic (we're on a septic tank), but not as bad.
I've used expanding foam to cover any gaps between pipes and the wall, but the smell continues. We get it no where else in the house. The shower and the sink are used regularly, so there is water in the traps.
john in sumner wa
hello..well unless he drilled through top of drain pipe or vent,,,i would check your sink overflow..the little hole in front of your sink...we have flushed out hundreds,,,and the smell is terrible..check out ezplunger.com..this tool cleans out the black scum..good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes