We were adding on a room to our home when my partner was called away so I would like to finish what we started but don't have a clue where to begin.
All that is left on the inside is putting up base boards and trim. But I have no idea what to look for in regards to the corner molding, ceiling, trim around the windows or the best tools to use to cut the wood and how to fit wood together in corners etc. I know this is basic stuff - guess I should have paid closer attention.
On the outside I want to put the Vinyl siding on. How do you get a color match for that and how difficult is it to install?
If there are any self help books out there that not only explain but provide pictures would probably be the most beneficial.
I know I could hire someone to come and do this for me but I would prefer to do it myself so that I can stand back and take pride in the completion.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!