We were adding on a room to our home when my partner was called away so I would like to finish what we started but don't have a clue where to begin.
All that is left on the inside is putting up base boards and trim. But I have no idea what to look for in regards to the corner molding, ceiling, trim around the windows or the best tools to use to cut the wood and how to fit wood together in corners etc. I know this is basic stuff - guess I should have paid closer attention.
On the outside I want to put the Vinyl siding on. How do you get a color match for that and how difficult is it to install?
If there are any self help books out there that not only explain but provide pictures would probably be the most beneficial.
I know I could hire someone to come and do this for me but I would prefer to do it myself so that I can stand back and take pride in the completion.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight