A few months ago the bathtub plunger lever was stuck/rusted open. I got the lever moving and then the plunger became unhooked and the drain was permanently closed. I removed the lever from the bathtub wall, and fished the bars to reconnect the hook that unplugs the drain. However, if I move the lever the plunger drops and blocks the drain and I again have to "fiddle" with the lever until it hooks the drain plunger and pray that it stays open.
How do I fix this permanently so that the lever is reattached and I can use the tub plunger lever the way it should be used. Do I have to call a plumber to replace the plunger and lever mechanism?
loose bathtub drain stopper fell down through pipes ...
Replacing tub drain
bathtub drain smell
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!