We recently had the drain in our rather old house clog up. We called the plumbers and they snaked it for a few hundred bucks (they said it was the "main" sewage outlet that had to be snaked).
They then said that because its an old house, sewage buildup has narrowed the pipes over the years and we need to have this cleaned out else we'll have continual blockage problems. They said they would use a high pressure water jet to clear the pipes, then run a fiber optic camera down there to show that its clear (we can keep a copy of the tape). This will cost $1800.
We had a sewage backup back in 1998. At that time this same company said we should proactively snake the pipe every 2 years.
Has anyone heard of this? Are they just trying to take to the bank.
Save your money...."jetter-equipment" is very expensive both to buy and mantain. Most companies that own this equipment have given orders to their "technicians" to push the jetter-service as it is a big money-maker. Service the drain every few years with the appropriate size head on the end of the cable... and if roots are involved know that eventually you will have to replace the line. erik
water filter has turned my water nasty tasting
Water heater pressure relief question
block to slab foundation conversion??? kind of long
Addition over garage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!