Help! Could someone tell me the correct name of the material that is used to "pack" or "seal" pipes, wires, etc. through walls or siding? As example, if you look at an outside water faucet, a puddy type material is usually applied where the pipe meets the wall or siding to seal up the gap (same for wires, etc.).
I have lots of these areas in my home that are cracked and in need of repair but the people @ Home Depot "know" what I am talking about but they don't carry the product so suggestions as to where I can buy this stuff would be welcome as well.
Thanks - Zee
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!