I read in the Fix It For'em that the plumbing for my kitchen sink should be done as follows:
a sanitary tee in the wall behind the sink with the vent attaching to the top inlet and the trap arm to the branch.
But it is not. My drain comes up out of the floor, makes a 90 deg. turn towards the front of the cabinet, where the trap is atttached. so the only venting is through the sink drain.
How do I correct this?
It may be plumbed correctly...Is the sink directly in front of a window, if so the vent pipe maybe wet vented, with the vent pipe being in the wall close by. Do you smell sewer gas? does the sink drain properly (and others in the house)? If you are clear on both of those issues, I wouldn't worry. However you can install an AAV on the horizontal pipe leading to the trap. Just make sure it is 4" above the horizontal pipe. If you can't find an AAV at your store, they are available on line. Not all inspectors buy off on these, but they have been used in Europe for many years and are approved by international code.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?