I read in the Fix It For'em that the plumbing for my kitchen sink should be done as follows:
a sanitary tee in the wall behind the sink with the vent attaching to the top inlet and the trap arm to the branch.
But it is not. My drain comes up out of the floor, makes a 90 deg. turn towards the front of the cabinet, where the trap is atttached. so the only venting is through the sink drain.
How do I correct this?
It may be plumbed correctly...Is the sink directly in front of a window, if so the vent pipe maybe wet vented, with the vent pipe being in the wall close by. Do you smell sewer gas? does the sink drain properly (and others in the house)? If you are clear on both of those issues, I wouldn't worry. However you can install an AAV on the horizontal pipe leading to the trap. Just make sure it is 4" above the horizontal pipe. If you can't find an AAV at your store, they are available on line. Not all inspectors buy off on these, but they have been used in Europe for many years and are approved by international code.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes