I read in the Fix It For'em that the plumbing for my kitchen sink should be done as follows:
a sanitary tee in the wall behind the sink with the vent attaching to the top inlet and the trap arm to the branch.
But it is not. My drain comes up out of the floor, makes a 90 deg. turn towards the front of the cabinet, where the trap is atttached. so the only venting is through the sink drain.
How do I correct this?
It may be plumbed correctly...Is the sink directly in front of a window, if so the vent pipe maybe wet vented, with the vent pipe being in the wall close by. Do you smell sewer gas? does the sink drain properly (and others in the house)? If you are clear on both of those issues, I wouldn't worry. However you can install an AAV on the horizontal pipe leading to the trap. Just make sure it is 4" above the horizontal pipe. If you can't find an AAV at your store, they are available on line. Not all inspectors buy off on these, but they have been used in Europe for many years and are approved by international code.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!