I am mechanically challenged and am trying to remedy a slow draining tub. I have used numerous liquid decloggers and nothing has worked. I thought the bathtub trap was not working correctly and took out the mechanism - it looks intact. I tried using a non-electric snake and can get it down about 15" then it sems I hit something metallic.
The sink and tub are connected to the same draining system. The sink drains fine but the water comes up into the tub. When I close the tub trap the water drains slowly from the sink. Is it possible there is something stopping the bath trap from opening fully?
slow draining tub and toilet
question on relocatinf bathroom sink drain
Slow Draining Bathtub
2 double flushing toilets and 1 slow draining toilet...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!