I am experiencing slow drainage with my septic system. One toilet overflowed a week ago, but I was able to keep using a toilet that was located in another part of house.
I had the two 1000 gallon septic tanks pumped yesterday. My contractor told me that based on the water level in the 2nd tank "my drainfield is not working".
1. Gone to long between pumping out tanks allowing particles and materials to clog up the drain field system.
2. Last October, a building contractor crossed our drainfield with a load of lumber and latter with a load of sand.
3. We have a silver maple that is approximately 30 feet away from the drainfield.
Any ideas on how I can determine which of these situations is the real culprit.
My drainfield guy offered a service whereby he would pump out (or flush out?) the drainfield lines. However, this would require digging open each individual line. Not cheap and sounds messy.
I see on this website an add in producet called Septic-Free which claims to be able break up blockage within the drainfield lines.
Anybody had any experiences with these options?
If it was your drainfield, what would you do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!