I am experiencing slow drainage with my septic system. One toilet overflowed a week ago, but I was able to keep using a toilet that was located in another part of house.
I had the two 1000 gallon septic tanks pumped yesterday. My contractor told me that based on the water level in the 2nd tank "my drainfield is not working".
1. Gone to long between pumping out tanks allowing particles and materials to clog up the drain field system.
2. Last October, a building contractor crossed our drainfield with a load of lumber and latter with a load of sand.
3. We have a silver maple that is approximately 30 feet away from the drainfield.
Any ideas on how I can determine which of these situations is the real culprit.
My drainfield guy offered a service whereby he would pump out (or flush out?) the drainfield lines. However, this would require digging open each individual line. Not cheap and sounds messy.
I see on this website an add in producet called Septic-Free which claims to be able break up blockage within the drainfield lines.
Anybody had any experiences with these options?
If it was your drainfield, what would you do?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers