I am experiencing slow drainage with my septic system. One toilet overflowed a week ago, but I was able to keep using a toilet that was located in another part of house.
I had the two 1000 gallon septic tanks pumped yesterday. My contractor told me that based on the water level in the 2nd tank "my drainfield is not working".
1. Gone to long between pumping out tanks allowing particles and materials to clog up the drain field system.
2. Last October, a building contractor crossed our drainfield with a load of lumber and latter with a load of sand.
3. We have a silver maple that is approximately 30 feet away from the drainfield.
Any ideas on how I can determine which of these situations is the real culprit.
My drainfield guy offered a service whereby he would pump out (or flush out?) the drainfield lines. However, this would require digging open each individual line. Not cheap and sounds messy.
I see on this website an add in producet called Septic-Free which claims to be able break up blockage within the drainfield lines.
Anybody had any experiences with these options?
If it was your drainfield, what would you do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes