I am experiencing slow drainage with my septic system. One toilet overflowed a week ago, but I was able to keep using a toilet that was located in another part of house.
I had the two 1000 gallon septic tanks pumped yesterday. My contractor told me that based on the water level in the 2nd tank "my drainfield is not working".
1. Gone to long between pumping out tanks allowing particles and materials to clog up the drain field system.
2. Last October, a building contractor crossed our drainfield with a load of lumber and latter with a load of sand.
3. We have a silver maple that is approximately 30 feet away from the drainfield.
Any ideas on how I can determine which of these situations is the real culprit.
My drainfield guy offered a service whereby he would pump out (or flush out?) the drainfield lines. However, this would require digging open each individual line. Not cheap and sounds messy.
I see on this website an add in producet called Septic-Free which claims to be able break up blockage within the drainfield lines.
Anybody had any experiences with these options?
If it was your drainfield, what would you do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs